It’s certainly safe to say that the past 12 months has been a pretty exciting time for our City. The Chamber has also seen a very progressive and prosperous period.
• The City has seen over $300 million worth of developments approved. These developments will help to set our City apart and finally help to bring it out of the shadows. These approvals will also help to stimulate our local economy and create much needed flow effects.
• We have welcomed the confirmation of the Australian Tax Office and 600 skilled jobs to Gosford. This is a transformational project that supports the revitalisation of the region as a major business and employment hub. We believe the construction of the new ATO building will signal the beginning of the initial developments of the Gosford Cultural and Waterfront Precinct, with work starting on the Regional Performing Arts Centre and Conservatorium shortly after. Both business and the community have argued for a number of years that the Central Coast needs to refresh to survive. We look forward to seeing the positive impact these long overdue developments will have on our community.
• West Gosford intersection continues to be a major priority and we have continued to keep a close eye on it’s progression. It still remains six months ahead of schedule.
• We have continued to engage and meet with Local, State and Federal Government pushing to create and foster a future for our City.
• We have remained integral members of GBID, GBID Promotions Committee, SCRAP, Traffic and Community Safety Precinct Committee to name a few. Maintaining attendance at these meetings helps to enure that our City remains constantly on the Agenda and receives the attention it deserves. We have also continued to assist at all GBID events and promotions.
On the Chamber front:
• For the first time in over six years we have managed to make a profit of around $12,000. This is an outstanding result for ‘Your’ Chamber and the Board should be congratulated for this achievement. This has been the result of some very hard work, streamlining process, increased membership, higher luncheon attendance/income and Agenda sales. Seeing we receive no funding and rely solely on membership and sponsorship, I am extremely proud of the board’s effort. The continued culture of a “working board” has certainly paid off.
I would like to welcome our new staff member again, Jane Stewart-Kemble, and thank her for her dedication, passion and work ethic. We can already see a clear indication that she will become a great asset to The Chamber and we are very greatful that Jane wants to be a part of our Chamber family.
An enormous thank you must go to our sponsors because without their support and faith in us we would not be where we are today. We are extremely proud to have them all as our sponsors.
I would like to finally thank my amazing board. They should be very proud of what they have achieved this past 12 month as Directors. The outstanding results speak for themselves.
An extra special thank you has to go to my Executive team of Petrina, Susan and Len. Due to the very busy year we have had, and the plans that we’ve been working on for future growth, the Executive team have well exceeded normal volunteer hours. I cannot thank them enough for all their help and dedication.
To our most valued assets, our members, the biggest thank you goes to all of you. Your continued faith in Gosford City Chamber and the business community is valued greatly. We will continue to push what is right for our City, it’s future and the future of the Business Community. We certainly look forward to the year ahead and the exciting changes it will bring.
Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you all out n’ bout in business. Regards Ali Vidler
The Central Coast Regional Development Corporation (CCRDC) is a NSW Government entity and part of the Department of Planning and Environment NSW cluster. It is the State Government’s lead agency tasked with cultivating the Central Coast’s economic diversity by focusing on accelerating healthy growth, private investment and development in the region. CCRDC seeks to create opportunities over key government... Read more: Central...